Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Score! (library book sale)

My town has a jazz festival/fine art sale every year, and this weekend is the weekend. I am indifferent to jazz (too much crappy smooth jazz), and the "fine" art is sometimes awesome, often the same old overpriced, etc. But I look forward to Jazz Fest every year. Why? (Other than that there is nothing to do in my town): Dorsch Memorial Library's Book Sale.
Last year paperbacks were 2/quarter!
I ventured out in the rain/typhoon today in hopes of some great finds.
This year, they were doing a donation based sale, so you could essentially get whatever you wanted for as little as you wanted. I didn't want to be the cheap ass that is like, 'I'm only paying 12.5 cents per book, like last year," so for $7 (which was the only cash I had with me), I got 15 books. 15! Roughly 50¢ per book.
Some of them I am very excited about, some I am curious about, and some I have known idea about, but they were pretty.

I got:
Armaggedon Summer by Jane Yolen and Bruce Coville
Aunt Maria (aka Black Maria) by Diana Wynne Jones
The BFG by Roald Dahl
Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe
The Devil of Nanking by Mo Hayder
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (!!!)
Granny Torelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
Hatching Magic by Ann Downer
A Painted House by John Grisham
Singer by Jean Thesman
The Schwa Was Here by Neal Schusterman
2 Series of Unfortunate Events books (The Reptile Room and The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
Story Time by Edward Bloor
and a reading primer from the 20s,McGuffey's First Eclectic Reader, which, if I am nice, I will give to my friend Nathan. (Haven't decided if I'm nice yet...)

That's my haul. I was told there will be more tomorrow (there's a basement full of paperbacks that didn't make it up!), so I will hopefully be back with more!



----------------
Now playing: The Ditty Bops - Angel with an Attitude
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

  1. Yay for The BFG! Andd Goose Girl, haven't read Goose Girl yet, but I've heard good things.

    I read Armageddon Summer in HS, it was a page-turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome books at that sale! I love library book sales (but is staying FAR from them). I read Goose Girl and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I had never even heard of Armageddon Summer, but I loved Bruc Coville as a kid (I mean *loved*. I thought he was fantabulous.) And I have read short stories by Yolen, but never anything full length. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Story TIme sitting on my shelf for what feels like forever. Let me know when your review is up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty, I gave you an award, go to my blog to check out your award!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...