Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Awards season...

Okay, so recently I've been a bit inundated with awards, but I haven't had a chance to be gracious and give thanks and pass them on to other awesome people. (I think I just inadvertently called myself awesome. Awesome.)
So, in no particular order:


from Velvet @ vvb32 reads and from Kate @ The Neverending Shelf
BINGO Award

I'm I for informative (thanks, Velvet) and N for Neighborly (thanks, Kate)!
This award was started by Bookin With BINGO and
here are the rules: This "B-I-N-G-O" BEAUTIFUL BLOG AWARD
means that this blog is...

B: Beautiful - Falling Off the Shelf : I just love that header; and Purple Hoodie Chick, for that beautiful background

I: Informative - Juju of Tales of Whimsy. I love the way she breaks down her reviews.

N: Neighborly - April of Good Books and Good Wine -- I wish we were actually neighbors, April; I could use some of your 'good wine' on occasion. (and that blueberry tea, I'm still thinking of it)

G: Gorgeous - E. Guevara of Behind the Cover of Hand Me Down Books Gorgeous background.

O: Outstanding - The mysterious Book Chick of Book Chick City; it truly is an outstanding blog!



The people who I nominate in this next section are actually getting two awards:


Outstanding!
Super Comments Award
also from Velvet @ vvb32 reads

and


also from Kate @ The Neverending Shelf

The first honors bloggers who leave awesome comments – they make you laugh, think, and offer encouragement and support. In other words, they’re freaking awesome.

The second honors my blogs top commenters, thank you for being a loyal follower and showing me love on a daily basis. You all make my blog exciting and fun, I look forward to reading all of your thoughts and opinions. Without you my blog would just be ordinary, you all help me spice it up and I am thrilled to be part of book blogging.
Nominations:


Rhiannon Hart @ Rhiannon Hart
E. Geuvara @ Behind the Cover of Hand Me Down Books
Juju @Tales of Whimsy
J. KayeJ. Kaye's Book Blog
Rachel Belle @ Bookworm Wannabe
Titania@ Fishmuffins of Doom
Rachel @ Garden in my Pocket
Lauren @ I was a Teenage Book Geek
April @ Good Books and Good Wine

Thanks for making me happy with your comments, ladies!




Got three of these, from Book Chick City, Velvet @ vvb32 reads, and from Jenn-ay @ My Tea Time is My Book Time Thank you for this great award, ladies. If you haven't been to their blogs yet then please do. They are really fun!

This award is designed with one purpose in mind: Pass this on to other bloggers who have awarded you in the past.

Anyway, on to the people who have been kind enough to award me in the past (and in today's post):

Kate @ The Neverending Shelf
Juju @Tales of Whimsy
Book Chick City
Velvet @ vvb32 reads
Jenn-ay @ My Tea Time is My Book Time
April of Good Books and Good Wine
Rachel Belle @ Bookworm Wannabe
Creative Chronicler @ cc-chronciles




also from Velvet @ vvb32 reads

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when your relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Hearthfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.

Rules:
Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

Kim @ And Anything Bookish... Your soothing blog design is so calming and nice.
Nina @ J'adore Happy Endings because who doesn't love a good happy ending?
Parajunkee's View, because I am a parajunkee, too.
Allison @ Read Into This! Great blog design, great blog content: what more could you want?





from Creative Chronicler @ cc-chronciles

This is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about myself. Here are those deserving of this honor, bloggers who write from the heart and touch me because of it:

Velvet @
vvb32 reads
Jenn-ay @ My Tea Time is My Book Time
April of Good Books and Good Wine
Rhiannon Hart @
Rhiannon Hart
E. Geuvara @ Behind the Cover of Hand Me Down Books
Allison @
Read Into This!
Purple Hoodie Chick

Ten things, hmm...

  1. If you couldn't guess by the name of my blog and my header, I have a thing for rodents, especially rats. I think they are fantastic. I've had 6 in my life:
  2. Louie, Hubert, Midnight, Cheddar, Emo, and Engelbert Humperdinck.
  3. I had never read a comic/manga/graphic novel until about a year ago; I was surprised to like them.
  4. I took four years of French in high school and haven't done a thing with it except talk about people behind their backs.
  5. I was a college-level writing tutor (essays and whatnot) for 5 years.
  6. Jello freaks me out. I think it's a weird Blob flashback thing.
  7. I have hosted a Banned Books Week Readathon for the last few years, always reading aloud from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I particularly like to see people's reaction when I read the "Dear Friend, do you know what masturbation is?" section. Priceless.
  8. I am slightly obsessed with fairy tales. I wrote a 20 page research paper on the dark side of them. Crazy stuff.
  9. I secretly want to be Veronica Mars. And Jessica Rabbit. And Punky Brewster. So if someone could just mash all that together...
  10. I can't stand country music 99% of time. When I have to listen to it, I get a little short-tempered, almost like I haven't slept. It's really unpleasant.

Alright, I think I got it all. Enjoy your awards, everybody!

17 comments:

  1. Ha! Ditto #9. Thanks for the award! I'm starting to lose track too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Misty you are so wonderful!

    I actually I am so terrible about putting up received awards, I have a post saved with past awards, but I never got around to finishing it or publishing it on blogger.

    That being said, if we were truly neighbors, I think good times would definitely be had, there would be wine, I could get over my fear of rats, and library booksales would be scoured! (sometimes I let my imagination run away with me LOL)

    Anyways, thanks so much :-D I shall have to check out the other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP! u made my day! and by the way...who wouldn't want to be Punky Brewster? I totally just stopped wearing my bandana on my knee.lol.
    Oh and The Perks Of Being A Wall flower? i always try to talk to people about it and no one's every heard of it, i thought i was losing my mind. Thank you so much Misty, I haven't been on long but your already my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the award! I need to make a post thanking everyone for all the rewards I've been receiving, I'm so behind! I probably have about 10 or more sitting there waiting to be acknowledged.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure I have said this before, but I can't help it. I love-love your background!

    Second, thank you so much for the award and congratulations to you. Your blog rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all of your awards and to everyone that you passed them on to! I LOVE Book Chick City's Blog too...she's very sweet! I noticed she got an award and that's how I found YOU and I'm SO glad that I did! I'll have to make you a daily stop!

    You're always welcome to visit me as well!

    Again, Congratulations!

    x0xx Amy (Park-Avenue Princess)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Shucks. Thanks, Misty.
    That cracked me up about the Banned Books Week Readathon. Perks of Being a Wallflower seems like a good book-I've never read it-but I've definitely heard a lot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're a sweetie! congrats and thanks for sending me some lovin too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the award! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the award! :) Really, I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misty, I'd be interested in reading some of your dark side fairy tale stuff. Is there a blog post of it on your site that I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You want to read the essay? Or you want to read the stuff I researched that was all about rape/incest/genderolls/violence in fairytales. Neither are online, but I can send you stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiii...

    So, I'm a ginormous loser. Thank you so much for the awards! I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to collecting them. I fail at life, lol.

    But thank you so much. They are awesome!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...