Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Yellow Shelf


For your viewing pleasure, here's a peek at my yellow shelf:


It took me a little longer to get my yellow shelf picture up, because frankly, it was a mess. Normally, my yellow shelf and my orange shelf are one and the same. Here it is, looking as it normally does (but cleaner-ish):


As soon as I get a new bookcase* they will be divided as they are used to be (and once were, until my bookcase collapsed).

Notes on the yellow shelf:
There is actually a book on my yellow shelf titled Yellow.
My favorite yellow cover is Watchmen.  It is unabashedly yellow.
Best title on the yellow shelf: Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal (not pictured)


Yellow books not pictured (for whatever reason):
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
The Secret Life of Bees
This is All: the Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn (kinda golden, more so than yellow)
Two Princesses of Bamarre
Soulless (Golden, not Carriger)
The Schwa Was Here (technically, should go on black shelf because of the spine, but the front is yellow, so I think of it as yellow -- doesn't really matter, since it's not on either -- it sits on my cedar chest with a host of other books)
There's probably more that I'm forgetting.


See my green shelf and my purple shelf.

* technically, I did. It was commandeered by my mom, who wanted it for her living room, and as I didn't feel like messing with it anyway, I told her she could use it. So now I have to get a new new bookcase...

11 comments:

  1. wow, never known anyone to put there book in order of colored covers..lol Thats cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you have organised your books by colour. It looks lovely, and I think I might try it myself when I get my new shelves put up. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got lots of yellow books! I didn't think that there were many books with yellow covers, so I took a look at my bookshelf and surprisingly found a few! :) Maybe I should color-coordinate too? That would be cool :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you colored bookshelves !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think I had many yellow covers, but I see a few on your shelves that I know I have. I'm too lazy to go take a peek at mine for real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Norton Anthology? I have The exact same one...except mine is Volume 2. All my profs in college wanted different versions of anthologies so I have a few different ones on my shelf. They're actually in my line of vision as I write this. I have several Heaths, Norton, Longmans and Blackwells for English and American Lit. If everything goes according to plan, I better be reusing these in grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Volume II is on the orange shelf. You can't see it in the combined picture because it's blocked by carnival tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty little rainbow your bookcase must be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the Norton anthology! Too bad that the The Pillowbook of Cordelia Kenn didn't make it in the picture (but maybe it was a bit too orange?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa. Cool!
    As usual I love your eyeshadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you sort your books by color. I'm feeling inspired now, and I would totally do the same if I currently owned bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...