Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Jane, From a Disgruntled Husband

Dear Jane Austen,
Thanks a lot.  You have set the bar impossibly high for us 21st century guys.  My wife keeps gushing about, “Oh, Captain Wentworth’s letter.  It’s so romantic.  Why don’t you write me a letter like that?”  She’s even writing him a love letter! How is a regular guy supposed to compete?  She tells me, “You’re un Cubano.  You guys have romantic souls.  You all say so.  Just follow Wentworth’s template.”  Yeah, right.   You’re a woman!  You know what women want to hear!  I think I do pretty well, but, “You pierce my soul?”  C’mon!  I don’t stand a chance.  So thanks for everything, Jane. My wife will always be disappointed that she didn’t get that grand, romantic letter from me and it’s all your fault.
Sincerely,
A disgruntled husband




*Want to have your Dear Jane letter featured?  Email it to me at mbradenwf@gmail.com and I'll pencil you in to my dance card!

8 comments:

  1. Lol. Sadly, this is probably true. But it's still hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love this! Especially because it is 100% true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely put! I'm sorry if Jane has set our standards to unrealistic heights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! How hilarious but true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! How delicious and creative! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love writing letters and always wanted a correspondent who crafted elegant prose. It didn't even need to be a love letter.

    Email has just about killed off any chance of that happening.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...