Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jane in June Welcoming Ceremony


The time has come, my lovelies.  The lovely (muggy/stifling/mosquito-filled) sunny, perfumed air of June is wafting past our noses at this very moment, which can only mean one thing: it's time for a colossal fix of Jane.

When I had the open call in March for participants and Jane-enthusiasts to send me their Jane-love and share it with the world, I didn't expect the reaction to be quite as rabid as it was -- I'm so glad to find I'm not the only one.

But just because you missed the open call, that doesn't mean you can't share your Jane-loving ways with us.  All month long there will be opportunities to get involved and proclaim it loud and proud.  If the Janefrenzy comes upon you, pick up your favorite Jane book or sequel and join in.  Write us a review, post a video on YouTube of your very own "Jane Austen Dance Craze"*, or come up with some other bit of Janemagnificence to share with me and the world.

What's that?  You've never read Jane?  Well then, my friend, now's the time.  Not only can you read or listen to Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility for free online, but there will be so many opportunities to get your kid-gloved hands dirty, from reviews to readings to giveaways and contests, a trip into murder-mystery land -- you name it.  (And if you've named it and I haven't included it, let me know!)  Make sure to check out your Jane Dance Card for the complete schedule of events!

So what are we waiting for?  Let's get the ball rolling.

Welcome to Jane in June!

*If anyone actually does this, I will send you a prize.  No joke, first person to do 'The Jane' gets something.  I don't know what, but something.
 ** also, please note: if you are linking to Jane in June, link to this page, please, rather than the earlier open call/proposal pages.  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Granted I'm not a huge Jane fan, but seeing that you are, it might interest you that there was a mini-series called Lost in Austen that was really good. I laughed, I cried, I'll eventually get around to watching it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I am definitely going to read Sense and Sensibility and Emma this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah!
    I started Emma and I'm loving it.

    I posted about Jane in June today at Tales of Whimsy :)

    Question: What page should I link to?
    I linked to your Jane in June label but I don't see this one labeled?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...