Home  |  Reviews  |  Vlogs  |  Interviews  |  Guest Posts  |  Fairy Tales  |  Jane Austen  |  Memes  |  Policies

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mansfield Park: A Reading


Why this is one of my favorite scenes:  I have a soft spot for Henry Crawford.  I can't help it.  This scene especially has always stood out as one of my favorites and one of the most memorable because I think Henry really shows himself here.  He shows that he does understand Fanny and the life she leads at Mansfield, and he is observant and caring -- even if he doesn't always demonstrate this.  Henry Crawford, like all of Jane's men, is far from perfect -- but he is learning and growing, and I find him more relatable and endearing than Edmund Bertram OR Fanny Price.

1 comment:

  1. Edmund is my least favorite of Austen's heroes, though I do adore Mansfield Park. Henry Crawford, on the other hand, is by far my favorite of her rogues. I do not think the book should have ended differently than it did, but I can't get over the sense that Fanny is immeasurably above him. This is what I attempted to channel in my Mini Jane FanFic submission.

    Great reading by the way. It's a lost art that MP always reminds me to cultivate.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts.
Let's be best friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...